[ACLU-CU ALERT] Upcoming events

Champaign County ACLU Announcements Announce at aclu-cu.org
Mon Apr 10 21:52:26 MDT 2006

The Champaign County ACLU Spring Newsletter is available on-line, in
case you did not receive one:
http://www.aclu-cu.org/pdf/spring06

-----------------------------------
11:30 - 1:30 Sunday April 23rd
Champaign County Chapter Annual Meeting and Brunch
Great Impasta, downtown Champaign

This is our annual meeting for election of officers and steering
committee members, report of annual activities and presentation of
awards.  Our guest speaker this year is University of Chicago Law
Professor Geoffrey Stone, who will be speaking on "Civil Liberties in
Wartime".  His 2004 book, "Perilous Times: Free Speech in Wartime from
the Sedition Act of 1798 to the War on Terrorism" won several national
awards - bring your copy for an autograph!

For more information and to register, go to: www.aclu-cu.org

Registration deadline is April 17th!

Saturday, April 22nd
ACLU of Illinois State-Wide Membership Summit
8:30 - 5:00
Hawthorn Suites and Conference Center

Registration information:
http://www.aclu-il.org/conference or call 312-201-9740.
Members: $10
Non-members: $35 (includes 1 year membership)
Students: Free!