[ACLU-CU ALERT] Freedom Files on UPTV & Farmer's Market

Champaign County ACLU Announcements announce at aclu-cu.org
Mon Jul 14 07:50:34 MDT 2008

1.  Season one of the ACLU Freedom Files (2006) will air for 10 weeks, every Saturday night, beginning this Saturday, July 19 from 7:00 - 7:30 p.m. on Urbana Public Television (UPTV) - cable channel 6.   The episodes are:

Religious Freedom
Voting Rights
Gay & Lesbian Rights
Women's Rights
Youth Speak
Drug Wars
Beyond the Patriot Act
The Supreme Court
Dissent
Racial Profiling

2.  Champaign County ACLU will have a table at the Urbana Farmer's Market from 8:00 a.m. - noon this Saturday, July 19 and the following Saturday, July 26.  Volunteers are needed for the 19th.  If you can volunteer one or two hours to staffing the table on Saturday with one other ACLU member, please respond to estherpatt at hotmail.com.

At the table, we'll have for sale ACLU bumper stickers and DVD's of season one and season two of Freedom Files.  We'll also have buttons which we are giving away for free, a summary of the spring legislative session in Springfield and a petition in support of the Reproductive Justice Act that was introduced in the Illinois House of Representatives.