[ACLU-CU ALERT] Equal Marriage in 4th of July Parade

Champaign County ACLU Announcements announce at aclu-cu.org
Fri Jun 27 08:38:34 MDT 2008

Champaign County ACLU will not be marching in the 4th of July parade but any members who are interested in marching with another group have been invited to join Equal Marriage Champaign County who will have an entry in the parade.  Here are details:Families in Support of Marriage Equality Equal Marriage Illinois Champaign County Who: Families, individuals, couples, and allies (LGBT and straight) When: Friday, July 4th, 12:45 p.m. (Our group should depart at about 1 p.m.) Where: Corner of Busey Ave. & Illinois St. in Urbana (one block east of Lincoln Ave.)What to Bring: sunscreen, water, walking shoes, and American and Pride flags (flags are optional) We'll have signs and a trailer available with seating if you (or the kids) need a break from walking. Nearly 70 people marched last year--we hope to have even more this year! Please consider joining us (and bring your friends and family!). Everyone is welcome, regardless of past involvement with the group.  It's really a lot of fun! This is an especially important time for us to be visible because of the California marriage decision and since the Illinois Civil Union bill is being considered by the Illinois General Assembly. Please contact Rod Githens (githens at gmail.com) for more information. www.equalmarriagecc.org