[ACLU-CU ALERT] FW: Women Are Not Livestock!

Champaign County ACLU Announcements announce at aclu-cu.org
Wed Mar 9 22:03:26 MST 2011

Dear All:

One of the more shocking
developments this session of the General Assembly is the way abortion
opponents  have circumvented the committee assignment process.  The
House Agriculture Committee now has before it three bills that are
designed to eliminate meaningful access to abortion services in Illinois.

As I said on our web site and
in blog posts, although the “House Agriculture Committee does a great job
dealing with livestock, women are not livestock!”  Please
join the ACLU’s Legislative Team and our Reproductive Rights Project as
we “stampede” the House Agriculture Committee on Tuesday, March 15,
to protest this inhumane treatment of women and urge that they defeat bills
that would restrict our reproductive rights.  Let me know by return email
if you can join us; or, use this link:
http://action.aclu.org/livestock

See you in Springfield!

Colleen