[ACLU-CU ALERT] ACLU -- join us to stand firm together

Champaign County ACLU Announcements announce at aclu-cu.org
Wed Nov 9 16:17:04 MST 2016

Dear Champaign County ACLU Members,

On this day, we in the ACLU must re-commit and re-dedicate ourselves to
defending, protecting, and expanding civil rights and liberties. The ACLU
is not going away. Our members stand together to form another kind of wall,
a human wall that protects and defends the most vulnerable in our
society. I want to share with you part of the message that Colleen Connell,
Executive Director of ACLU Illinois, sent out this morning:

"Our mettle will be tested over the next four years but we owe it to our
clients, our constitution, our commitment to human rights, to continue to
advocate even more zealously for our values, our clients and our humanity.
Thank you, all, for being part of the ACLU."

Our chapter gathers this Sunday for our Fall Gathering and Fundraiser and
we hope you will join us and bring your friends, neighbors, and colleagues.
We appreciate your donations, but the important part is being there
together. Everyone is welcome. Thank you for standing up and being part of
our local ACLU.

Carol Spindel, Champaign County ACLU

*CHAMPAIGN COUNTY ACLU *

*FALL GATHERING and FUNDRAISER --*

*AT THE HOME OF LESLIE REAGAN AND DANIEL SCHNEIDER, *

*4 LITCHFIELD LANE IN CHAMPAIGN *

*SUNDAY NOVEMBER 13, 5-7 PM*.

Litchfield Lane is on the east side of Prospect between Kirby and
Devonshire, 4th house on left.

Please join us to discuss the election and other pressing national and
local concerns with friends and light food and drink.

Donations appreciated at the door, or by mail to ACLU at

P.O. Box 2651, Champaign IL  61825.

Suggested donation $25 or what you can afford. This event supports our
chapter's activities.

RSVP always suggested but not necessary to rsvp at aclu-cu.org