[ACLU-CU ALERT] April 20 at 7 PM Tele-town Hall

Champaign County ACLU Announcements announce at aclu-cu.org
Wed Apr 12 10:27:27 EDT 2017

Dear Champaign County ACLU members and supporters,

The Trump administration is committed to rolling back essential protections
of civil liberties and civil rights. Sadly, many of these policies take
direct aim at our most vulnerable populations. The ACLU is working to keep
Illinois an oasis for freedom and liberty, and working to increase
protections for reproductive rights, criminal justice reform, LGBTQ issues,
and immigration rights. Likely, many of you have questions about what you
can do here in Illinois to protect our civil liberties. Join us to discuss
these issues.

Sign up today to join our Illinois legislative action tele-town hall
on Thursday,
April 20, 2017 at 7:00 p.m
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001HHYKvdoL8ncehKqTlUCXq0x5JJ7V7b145mG0Wdj09gHBgrtQOwLR3HSBdnvM8aZjNyYscK_li44IKluC62Q3oy1Sb_wZqqGEVowjs24UAV-tit7_2u_AsLP2buNHsag3XXeyoQol3Vee59X152yaB7CxBCq8L4nlR2kZgbR7BJQANYDtJHDXhWmS7XhuKcRuauPt9m85ASnpFSq2W33Y_XTR2awDsX9G&c=Q0Vtw7SE2HALcMJdnTXMw45tZeEluiZUtc2P4sCRVzZemoplibNk4A==&ch=nKuXC8LpT_lUFw_oiaZ8cJqNH3_T0DDbUwBnhsqeGtNuB4Qiwki4kA==>
. We will be joined by *Khadine Bennett,* Director of Advocacy and
Intergovernmental Affairs at the ACLU of Illinois, who will discuss
developments in Springfield this session and how you can help advance our
agenda.

Participants will receive a call from Stones Phones, our communication
technology partner, on Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 7:00 PM. When you answer
the call, you will be connected to the conference call. Participants will
have the opportunity to submit questions to a moderator during the call by
using the touch tone keypad on their phones.

We could not do this work without you; your support
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001HHYKvdoL8ncehKqTlUCXq0x5JJ7V7b145mG0Wdj09gHBgrtQOwLR3Ou5mRP_ymlFlf7OEcwO-Z8u5BbPLIN1gCfIAeo6yDMQZ4aCym17JrHvPWUxpGZbIBcbggLdyo5-1CVMJudeu_u3C5gAobbtwbzNQp14Hmht8eherjKafmi8n45qy8ubAAadPmAr7VgBvbPDeTfVIJPfvr7w_v2tAg==&c=Q0Vtw7SE2HALcMJdnTXMw45tZeEluiZUtc2P4sCRVzZemoplibNk4A==&ch=nKuXC8LpT_lUFw_oiaZ8cJqNH3_T0DDbUwBnhsqeGtNuB4Qiwki4kA==>
 is more important than ever as we fight to protect civil liberties under
the Trump administration. We are so grateful to have you as part of our
ACLU family.

If you have any questions about this event, please contact Maude Carroll at
mcarroll at aclu-il.org.

Again, thank you.

Sincerely,

Edwin C. Yohnka
Director of Communications and Public Policy
ACLU of Illinois