[ACLU-CU ALERT] Fighting Back in Court!

Champaign County ACLU Announcements announce at aclu-cu.org
Sat Jan 28 12:58:30 MST 2017

Dear Champaign County ACLU Members,

We are proud to announce that the ACLU has joined with other groups to
fight Trump's immigration ban in court. For more details about the suit,
check out the blog post:

https://www.aclu.org/blog/speak-freely/aclu-and-other-
groups-challenge-trump-immigration-ban-after-refugees-detained

Omar Jadwat, director of the ACLU’s Immigrants’ Rights Project, said:

“President Trump's war on equality is already taking a terrible human toll.
This ban cannot be allowed to continue.”

The complaint is at: https://www.aclu.org/legal-document/petition-writ-
habeas-corpus-and-complaint-declaratory-and-injunctive-reliefpetition

We will post updates on our own Facebook page.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?

Share widely on social media and call your Congressional representatives
and demand they overturn Trump's executive action.

Senator Dick Durbin 202-224-2152 or 217-492-4062
Senator Tammy Duckworth  202-224-2854 or 312-886-3506
Rep. Rodney Davis  202-225-2371 or 217-492-4062

Thanks for all you do to support the ACLU!

Champaign County ACLU