[ACLU-CU ALERT] Police Reform Tele-Town Hall

Champaign County ACLU Announcements announce at aclu-cu.org
Mon Jul 17 09:11:04 MDT 2017

Dear Friends,

Incidents of police misconduct and violence across the country tragically
have served as a catalyst for a discussion about police reform. Chicago has
moved front and center in this discussion, especially after the release of
the video capturing the shooting death of Laquan McDonald. Sadly, the Trump
Administration has demonstrated fierce opposition to meaningful progress on
police reform, under the banner of "law and order." So where does reform of
our policing system stand - in Chicago and across Illinois?

Sign up today to join our police reform tele-town hall on July 19th at 7:00
p.m.
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001UHN2p3BHm4JT2L3a4Gk2wD26LWoA-Vl0wl93YlYue0-N4rz1JGyyZsrtRpkuXfMvMs8aF7fH-_u4nMLbPGItGbrrQruWZk9weAJQmJ0DVh2kLlm4CIaXjscrHsrypHV4j_tZvwpN_iuY_Qcv1Kv6fPXcORsK9rzHBqdlF9GO58osk1YPbbjcWBqY4iChY-Dh0YnJIqhQw8rIzjFpI8LXnA==&c=yskbD9ARyDsveNsYnTRU_sSeusLc_9M7weccvnyKWyc5ZIC0zL5OBQ==&ch=IPXuz0V-UL_16FtNVxnZSVpFkSFZOFEX0UflItpDEBliXDf-7jYimg==>
 *The registration form will close at 9:00 AM on Wednesday, July 19*, so
please register before that time. We will be joined by *Karen Sheley,* Police
Practices Project Director at the ACLU of Illinois.

Participants will receive a call from Stones Phones, our communication
technology partner, on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 7:00 PM. When you answer
the call, you will be connected to the conference call. Participants will
have the opportunity to submit questions to a moderator during the call by
using the touch tone keypad on their phones.

We could not do this work without you; your support
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001UHN2p3BHm4JT2L3a4Gk2wD26LWoA-Vl0wl93YlYue0-N4rz1JGyyZtY6YFk9DaslO1I7C8IZSCHKBjyDKHQ_thOj5t510_yig-7cZBsRzd6x-AyWO2iVvSlZKXNz2BD0ZxzY02j3bRnHjQuvviVY4IPAEonQGqfs1UL62Ejoltwjo3qsC3LAyn30NyvjcRUfWyklFkVaDgQzTArfpbc1aQ==&c=yskbD9ARyDsveNsYnTRU_sSeusLc_9M7weccvnyKWyc5ZIC0zL5OBQ==&ch=IPXuz0V-UL_16FtNVxnZSVpFkSFZOFEX0UflItpDEBliXDf-7jYimg==>
is
more important than ever as we fight to protect civil liberties under the
Trump administration. We are so grateful to have you as part of our ACLU
family.

If you have any questions about this event, please contact Mike Kang at
mkang at aclu-il.org.

Again, thank you.

Sincerely,

Edwin C. Yohnka
Director of Communications and Public Policy
ACLU of Illinois