[ACLU-CU ALERT] UPcoming volunteer activity

Champaign County ACLU Announcements announce at aclu-cu.org
Wed Aug 27 11:29:31 EDT 2014

Dear ACLU supporters,

We will be tabling at UP Center's Pridefest on Saturday September 6 from 3
- 6. Pridefest will be taking place in downtown Champaign this year from 3
- 9 pm. The tables will be in the triangular area in front of the Orpheum
Children's Museum. There is a parade from 5 - 6 which will pass by our
area, so as long as the weather is good, it sounds like a great time and a
wonderful way to support the work of the UP Center.

If you'd like to join us for a shift at the table (of any length 1/2 hour
or more), send me an email. And even if you haven't signed up but are out
that day, please come by the ACLU table and say hello. We will have
up-to-date information on current ACLU issues like surveillance and
militarization of our police, among others. Of course we also offer cool
stickers and great conversation!

More info about CU Pride Festival is attached, including guidelines for
groups like ours that are participating. Hope to see you there!

Best,
Carol Spindel