[ACLU-CU ALERT] JULY 4th Parade

Champaign County ACLU Announcements announce at aclu-cu.org
Wed Jun 24 08:17:59 MDT 2015

Dear ACLU member,

We haven't got horses, ponies, mini-motorcycles or antique cars, BUT once
again the Champaign County ACLU will be marching (walking?) in the July 4th
Freedom Day Parade. The parade starts at 11:05 am and the route takes about
one hour to walk. The route can be found here: http://www.july4th.net/parade
.

We feel our presence in the parade matters. The signs we carry are a chance
to remind the community that the ACLU is here and fighting for the issues
we believe in -- civil liberties like voting rights, ending
over-incarceration and racial injustice in the criminal justice system,
marriage equality, and so much more.

We can't promise good weather but we can promise a good time so join us! We
don't know yet where we are in the parade line-up so if you want to be part
of our ACLU Parade Brigade, send your name and email or contact info to
 info at aclu-cu.org

and we will keep you updated about what time and where to meet us on the
4th.

If you don't want to walk the whole route, feel welcome to join us for a
few blocks. And if you are a July 4 sitter, we will appreciate cheers,
whistles, and applause!

Your steering committee