[ACLU-CU ALERT] Fwd: Election Day Resources

Champaign County ACLU Announcements announce at aclu-cu.org
Mon Nov 2 14:46:25 EST 2020

*From:* Colleen Connell, ACLU of Illinois
*Subject:* Our Vote. Our Fight.

Important Election Day information and resources are enclosed.

[image: 2020 Election. Let People Vote]
<https://www.aclu-il.org/en/campaigns/2020-election-let-people-vote>

Each of us has an important role to play in today's critical election. This
election will have an impact on how civil liberties and civil rights are
protected and advanced in our state and country – from the President to
local prosecutors, judges and other officials. Below, please find a few
reminders and resources as you head to the polls
<https://ova.elections.il.gov/PollingPlaceLookup.aspx> today.

*If you, or anyone you know encounters problems while voting, call the **voter
protection hotline*
<https://www.aclu-il.org/en/our-votes-election-protection-hotline>
<https://www.aclu-il.org/en/our-votes-election-protection-hotline>*at:*

·    English: 866-OUR-VOTE (1-866-687-8683)

·    Spanish: 888-VE-Y-VOTA (1-888-839-8682)

·    Bengali, Cantonese, Hindi, Urdu, Korean, Mandarin, Tagalog, or
Vietnamese: 888-API-VOTE (1-888-274-8683)

·    Arabic: 844-YALLA-US (1-844-925-5287)

·    American Sign Language video call number: 301-818-VOTE (301-818-8683)

*If you have not yet voted:*

·    You can register to vote in person
<https://www.aclu-il.org/en/campaigns/registering-and-voting-illinois>in
Illinois up until the polls close on Election Day

·    You can still vote in person if you have a mail in ballot, just bring
it with you

·    If you have a mail in ballot and have not returned it (or changed your
mind and voted in person), deliver that mail in ballot to a drop box
<https://www.elections.il.gov/VotingAndRegistrationSystems/VoteByMailBallotDropBoxLocations.aspx?MID=0DjRa0Y9V6U%3d&T=637378565795186750>
or
to the office of your election authority
<https://www.elections.il.gov/ElectionOperations/ElectionAuthorities.aspx?MID=cQHxtxVEmuo%3d&T=637327390202482616>.
Try not to mail it or drop it off at a polling location today if you have
other options

·    Have your rights
<https://www.aclu-il.org/en/know-your-rights/know-your-rights-voting-illinois>
handy when you go to the polls

·    And remember – if you are in line when the polls close, stay in line
and you will be able to vote

*Remember, you can register and vote in Illinois if: *

·    You do not have a state issued photo identification card

·    You have a criminal record or are awaiting trial

·    You can request assistance if you have a disability

·    You can have someone provide language assistance, if necessary

The ACLU of Illinois is monitoring instances of harassment and voter
intimidation at the polls. *If you encountered attempts to stop you or
someone else from voting please report it to us **here*
<https://action.aclu.org/legal-intake/reporting-voting-issues>*. *

This election is a turning point in United States history with Justice and
Democracy on the ballot, but regardless of the outcome of the election, we
will need to work together to reconstruct the safeguards for our civil
liberties and hold those in power accountable to the progress the people
demand.

Together, we must make our voices heard and vote like our rights depend on
it.

*Click Here for More Election Resources*
<https://www.aclu-il.org/en/campaigns/2020-election-let-people-vote>

Sincerely,

Colleen

*Colleen K. Connell*

Executive Director

ACLU of Illinois

Pronouns: she/her/hers

[image: ACLU of Illinois logo] <https://www.aclu-il.org/>

*P.S.* Please join me on November 18th at 4:00 PM for a virtual town hall
on the 2020 Election and the continued fight for civil liberties and rights
nationwide. Learn more and RSVP here.
<https://www.aclu-il.org/en/events/vote-your-rights-depend-it-2020-election-series#fight>

ACLU of Illinois | aclu-il.org <https://www.aclu-il.org/> | Give Today
<https://action.aclu.org/give/support-aclu-illinois>