[ACLU-CU ALERT] Fwd: URGENT -- TAKE ACTION BY 8:30 A.M. TOMORROW ON THE HEALTHY YOUTH ACT

Champaign County ACLU Announcements announce at aclu-cu.org
Tue Apr 13 19:11:43 EDT 2021

Hey everyone,

                As you can tell, the legislature is back in session this
week, so we are back asking you for help with witness slips.  We have one
more request for witness slips for early tomorrow morning.

                *At 8:30 a.m. tomorrow morning*, the Illinois House
Elementary & Secondary Education: Schools Curriculum Policies Committee
again will hear testimony on *House Bill 3701*, the Illinois Healthy Youth
Act. The bill updates Illinois’ sexual health education standards to be
comprehensive and inclusive to give young people the information and tools
they need to lead healthy, safe lives.

               Please take a moment if you can to file a witness slip as a
*PROPONENT* for this measure.  For “representation” please fill in *SELF*.
For “testimony” you can list *RECORD OF APPEARANCE ONLY*.

You can link to the witness slip and find out more about this great bill by
going here.  <https://www.aclu-il.org/en/take-action-healthy-youth-act>

           Thanks so much and please feel free to reach out if you have any
questions.

Ed

Edwin C. Yohnka

he/him/his

Director of Communications and Public Policy

ACLU of Illinois

312.201.9740, ext. 305

[image: Logo_CMYK_Illinois]