[ACLU-CU ALERT] Support Illinois state legislation on police reform vote may be today

Champaign County ACLU Announcements announce at aclu-cu.org
Tue Jan 12 15:42:23 EST 2021

*WE NEED YOUR  HELP NOW TO ENACT POLICE REFORM!*

PLEASE MAKE A PHONE CALL TODAY!

Please forward!

Dear all –

This week, the Illinois General Assembly is considering four major pillars
of an agenda advanced by the legislative Black Caucus. One of the pillars
is legislation aimed at reforming policing and the criminal justice system
in our state.

Votes on these measures are expected before Midnight tonight.  So this is
urgent.

We need to you to contact your state representative and state senator on
policing in particular.  Working with our National office, we have set up
separate connector lines to facilitate calls to members of the Illinois
Senate and the Illinois House to assure that the reform package is
meaningful.

*State Senate #: 1-866-957-5045  **ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT!*

*State House #: 1-866-956-3902*

When you are connected to your legislator’s office, please let them know
that you support meaningful reform, and that it must include ending special
protections, like qualified immunity, for police when they violate
someone’s constitutional rights. Please leave a voicemail if you don’t
reach someone in the office.