[ACLU-CU ALERT] Invitation to march with ACLU Champaign County in July 4 parade

Champaign County ACLU Announcements announce at aclu-cu.org
Wed Jun 29 11:33:23 EDT 2022

All are welcome to join our chapter in marching in the July 4 Freedom
Celebration Parade. The challenges facing us are great.

*Some notes below, but first to tell you that the Monday session of the
ACLU Illinois discussion of the* *Supreme Court decision in Dobbs (very
useful!) was recorded and now available:*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il4QWTw2Eko

In past years, the specific instructions for individual groups in the July
4 parade are sent to us the day before (July 3), so I won’t try to confuse
the issue except to say that the march route is about a mile long from just
east of the Assembly Hall State Farm Center to the corner of Lincoln and
Illinois.

I will send specific information of when and where to assemble when I
receive the information myself. In the meantime, know that you need not
decide finally whether to join the parade with us until you know the
weather and other factors. Still, expressions of potential interest in
joining would be useful.  You will be welcome in any case.  We have some
serious national issues to highlight.  We will have some bottled water and
signs, but bring your own ACLU-related issue signs.  We will also be giving
out Bill of Rights bookmarks.

It would be good to see you

Sincerely,

 Carol Leff, ACLU Champaign County President.